Right to counsel

Key_development Question_mark

Legislation, Truancy - Petition Against Child

Pursuant to Minn. Stat. § 260C.007 subd. 6(14), truancy is treated as a "child in need of protection or services" matter.  And children in such proceedings only have a right to appointed counsel (but regardless of indigence) when out-of-home placement is sought, pursuant to Minn. Stat. § 260C.163 subd. 3(e).

Appointment of Counsel: categorical Qualified: yes