Right to counsel - reinstatement of parental rights

Key_development Question_mark

04/10/2018, Legislation, Other subject area

When the Department of Human Services or a ward in foster care petitions to reinstate parental rights, “the ward is entitled to have counsel appointed at state expense if the ward is determined to be financially eligible under the policies, procedures, standards and guidelines of the Public Defense Services Commission.”  ORS § 419B.___ [Added by 2018 c.89 § 2].

Appointment of Counsel: categorical Qualified: yes