Discretionary appointment of counsel - minor emancipation

Key_development Question_mark

Legislation, Other subject area

After a petition for an emancipated minor has been filed, the court may appoint an attorney for the minor and/or for his or her parents or guardians if they are indigent and oppose the petition. Mich. Comp. Laws § 722.4b(b).

Appointment of Counsel: discretionary Qualified: no