Discretionary appointment of counsel - divorce

Key_development Question_mark

Legislation, Divorce

In divorce proceedings where one spouse may be mentally ill, "a guardian ad litem or an attorney, or both, shall be appointed to represent the interests of such spouse. Such guardian's fee or attorney's fee, or both . . . shall be paid by the county if the parties are unable to do so." Neb. Rev. Stat. § 42-362.

Appointment of Counsel: categorical Qualified: yes