Right to counsel

Legislation, Involuntary Medical Treatment (incomplete)

If court-ordered medical treatment is sought for a ward or conservatee, then "Upon the filing of the petition, unless an attorney is already appointed the court shall appoint the public defender or private counsel under Section 1471, to consult with and represent the ward or conservatee at the hearing on the petition and, if that appointment is made, Section 1472 applies." Cal. Prob. Code § 2357.  

Appointment of Counsel: categorical Qualified: yes